1. What's your name?
My name is Connie!
2. Where are you from?
I’m born and raised in San Francisco, California.
3. What are you studying and what do you want to be when you grow up?
I’m majoring in Communications and minoring in Psychology. A future goal of mine is to open up a Soup Kitchen and also a Christmas Present Drive for the less fortunate individuals and families. I believe everyone should have the joy of unwrapping a gift in such a wonderful time of the year.
4. What's a quirky fun fact most people don't know about you?
I dislike sweets unless paired with black coffee. The only exception is Ferrero Rocher!
5. Why did you choose Clean the World Asia?
I chose Clean the World Asia because their goals, mission, and vision align with my passion.
6. What's your role whilst working at CTWA?
My role consists of assisting on projects, events, and social media content.
7. What's been your favourite experience working with CTWA so far?
My favourite experience so far has to be assisting CTWA at an event where we educated kids about the importance of proper hygiene care and built hygiene kits together. It was very heartwarming to see how engaged the kids were & how excited they were to make a difference.
8. What's the weirdest thing you've seen or eaten in HK?
Surprisingly, nothing yet! I’m quite adventurous and enjoy trying all sorts of food!
9. What's your favourite quote?
“Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.”
Every experience you encounter heavily depends on how you react to it. I found happiness when I decided to live in the moment and see the silver lining of every situation.
10. What has been your biggest lesson from your intern experience at CTWA?
I’ve always had a passion for helping others, but interning at CTWA really opened up my eyes to the number of individuals in need at a global level. Interning here exposed me to new aspects such as UNSDG’s 8 goals, which allows me to redefine my vision on how to help make a difference.
11. What is your favorite thing about Hong Kong?
My favorite thing about Hong Kong would be the delicious street food along with the breathtaking views.